Myra From My Little Mochi sent us this great craft and is the last in our Advent calendar ideas:
Hello! I’m Myra from My Little Mochi. Here’s a last minute advent calendar that you can put together fairly quickly with an ink jet printer, a little bit of folding and cutting, and materials you probably already have around the house. It also makes a nice gift or goodie bag that can be used throughout the holiday season.
You will need:
Color ink jet printer
8 1/2″ x 11″ white paper (or A4 but you will need to trim down the paper to 8 1/2″x 11″ – Ed.)
Glue or tape
Black construction paper
1. Print out 24 copies of the snowman PDF file onto 8 1/2″ x 11″ (or A4) paper.
2. Follow the folding instructions provided.
3. Once all the folds have been completed, place snowman face down and bring the left and right columns toward the middle while simultaneously bringing the top and bottom up toward the middle and you should now have a little folded gift bag. Fill as desired.
4. Use a pen to number the snowmen or cut out countdown numbers provided in the PDF file and attach. I glued mine to the scarf knot.
5. Trace the hat pattern template onto black construction paper and cut out 24 hats or print optional black hat provided.
6. Glue or tape the hat to the top of the folded snowman to hold bag closed.
And you’re done! Some display ideas:
– line them up on a shelf or mantle
– pin them on your Christmas tree or a clothesline
– arrange them on a tiered cake stand
For an even quicker version, use colored or patterned 8 1/2″ x11″ holiday scrapbook paper and follow the folding instructions. Then use a hole punch to punch two holes at the top of the bag, and then string a ribbon through the holes and tie a bow to hold the bag together.